Mansfield Education Foundation, MEF, is a non-profit 501(c)3 community foundation chartered to assist in providing a comprehensive and well-rounded education for Mansfield's children through the monetary funding of programs that enhance and encourage innovation and excellence in education.
Our mission is to raise funds through corporate and private donations and fundraising events and to award these funds to Mansfield educators via a grant program. Mansfield Education Foundation strives to enhance community support for Mansfield schools through collaborative efforts and volunteer opportunities.
What Do Mansfield Education Foundation Grants Support?
MEF will fund a broad range of projects including, but not limited to those that focus on traditional academic subjects, visual & performing arts, science & technology and multi-cultural & community learning experiences.
Mansfield Education Foundation funded programs should advance, but not duplicate, the standard school curriculum. We seek innovative, creative ideas that fall outside the ordinary school budget, yet promise to augment the curriculum in a meaningful way. We encourage projects that demonstrate partnerships between teachers, schools and the community.
MEF grants will not underwrite basic school budget items.
The 2012 Grant Recipients are:
- Patty Coyne, Mobi and CPS Pulse System
- Scott Gagnon, HoverCam T3 Documnet Cameras
- Christine Harrison, CPR Certification for Future Healthcare Professionals
- Tara Kanevski, Community Art Display
- Jacqueline Prester, What Does It Take to Run a Restaurant?
Learn more about MEF Grant Winners!
The 2011 Grant Recipients are:
- Bill Deasy, Mansfield High School, Improving Geography Education
- Lisa DiSangro, Robinson, Document Camera and Writing Tablet
- Rayna Freedman, Jordan Jackson, Click It to Win It
- Robin Organ, Qualters/Mansfield High Schools, Green Schools Summit
- Kathy Podesky, Jordan Jackson, Enhancing STEM in the Curriculum
- Jacqueline Prester, Mansfield High School, Be an Entrepreneur!
- Eleanor Vaughn, Jordan Jackson, Hand Chimes for All